Monday, August 25, 2008

Waiting for train sketches



I discovered a brilliant break through everyone!! I'm sketching with ink pen instead of waxy pencils!! So I can finally see what I just drew!!

Ahem.

In other news, my parents and in-laws are gonna be in town for a week, starting tomorrow. We're gonna take them touring up and down the Bay Area. I bought my dad a sketch book and I plan to sketch with him as I go. He doesn't know it yet, I'll just shove it to him during the trip. Cause he's always lecturing me that I should keep sketching, and damn it I want to see him do it himself. He always said hes too busy to sketch (which he is, teaching full time 7 days a week), but he's on vacation now, so no more excuses. If things go well I'll post both of our sketches.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your blog very much,especialy at how you wrote your bunnie stories, very cute and I like your style of art.

This is my first time here and I will be putting a link at my art blog to your blog.

Kate said...

Hello Rosy!! Thanks so much for your comments, I subscribed to your blog as well, I always like to peek into other people's fantasy world. :-)

Chris Sears said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. your work seems kind of familiar...maybe from nathan's workshops. maybe the one at Eaton Canyon park?

keep posting! SF is a great place to sketch since you can walk around.

Anonymous said...

i like your pen/ink style

Art and Poetry said...

Nice drawing very free line!

Kate said...

Thanks everyone! Ink is so unforgiving if you make mistakes, so I generally don't have high hopes of success when I sketch, but if it turned out acceptable then it feels like X'mas!

Frank Gardner said...

Nice feel to these sketches. Hope Bunny had a great birthday.