Saturday, February 2, 2008

Practices


Since Nathan's workshop last Saturday, I've been doing these little paintings one a day. That's what Nathan was doing for many years, and that's what I'll try to do if I want my painting skill to be remotely close to his. He said he did one of these little paintings everyday, to solve a compositional problem or a color problem. Well, after week of doing this, I felt like I CREATED a compositional or a color problem everyday, sometimes both. I guess I'll just have to keep doing it. Also, I've been looking at some nice photos on line for painting subject, if my paintings looks like your photo, don't get angry at me not mentioning your name, it'll be too much for me to keep up.... I know that painting from real life is much better than painting from photos, but unless I live on a cross-country train, most of the time my view in the evening is pretty limited. Plus we can learn composition from good photos.

I did the sketch of Fred while mine plus three other computers that were on a some circuit had a power outage. The problem with partial outage is that no one else will play with you while you're bored, waiting for power to come back.

No comments: