Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hawaii paintings 2

Husband was relieved that I finally started to use colors other than green. From this not-very-successful painting I learned the importance of composition. I started painting these nice leaves, until I realized that I positioned them too low :-(. Normally it's easy to fix in Photoshop, but I don't have that luxury now. So after a few attempts to fix things, leaves were not as nice as when I first painted them. Lesson learned: when compositions of reality did not come as nicely as they should, and I need to re-position them in my painting, sketch out the outline first.
I was stranded by the torrential downpour in the volcano village, luckily there are lots of greeneries to see outside our window. (This is the third painting and husband was already frowning and wonder if I brought enough green paint. I did not bother explaining to the non-artist that there are many other ways to make greens, humph.)

No comments: